Oss-nor wins five-year contract for Barents Sea FPSO

Vår Energi has awarded Oss-nor a framework agreement for valve service, covering various engineering tasks related to the maintenance, monitoring, and testing of valves on the FPSO Goliat in the Barents Sea. The framework agreement is for five years and includes two annual one-year extension options, which, if exercised, would allow Oss-nor to provide valve services to the Goliat platform. for a total of seven years, starting July 1, 2022.

Located in the Barents Sea, 50 km southeast of the Snøhvit field, the Goliat field in production license 229 lies in a water depth of 360 to 420 meters. Originally awarded on May 30, 1997, the license was extended until May 15, 2042. Vår Energi is the operator of the license with a working 65% stake and its partner is Equinor with the remaining 35%.

The Goliat field was discovered in 2000 and the development and operating plan (PDO) was approved in 2009. Developed with a cylindrical floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) facility, the field comprises eight model submarines with a total of 32 well slots are attached to the FPSO.

According to Vår Energi shareholder Eni, the FPSO Goliath undertook a 63-day voyage around southern Africa before arriving in the Barents Sea in the spring of 2015. This Sevan 1000 floating unit is a 64,000-ton platform, 107 meters in diameter, with 14 mooring lines and a production capacity of 100,000 bpd.

While Vår Energi works to reduce CO2 emissions, Goliat is powered by electricity from land via an undersea power cable, as well as energy generated on board the platform. Production from the Goliat field started in 2016.

Previous articleBiffi awarded order for the Oxygen Service application
Next articleSubsea 7 & Van Oord join Guyana’s gas-to-energy project