Energy Transfer and Phillips 66 Joint Venture

Energy Transfer Equity (ETE), Energy Transfer Partners (ETP), collectively, Energy Transfer, and Phillips 66 announced that they have formed two joint ventures to develop the previously announced Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) and Energy Transfer Crude Oil Pipeline (ETCOP) projects. Energy Transfer holds a 75% interest in each joint venture and will operate both pipeline systems. Phillips 66 owns the remaining 25% interest and will fund its proportionate share of the construction costs. The DAPL and ETCOP projects are expected to begin commercial operations in the fourth quarter of 2016.

“We look forward to working with Phillips 66 to build this much-needed pipeline infrastructure to link rapidly growing supplies of domestically produced light crude oil in the Bakken/Three Forks play to refineries throughout the country”, said Kelcy Warren, chairman of ETE and chairman and CEO of ETP.

“Energy Transfer is a valued partner with a proven track record of developing major interstate pipelines”, said Greg Garland, chairman and CEO of Phillips 66. “These joint-venture projects will allow Phillips 66 to increase its access to advantaged North American crude oil and add to the momentum we are building in our Midstream business.”

Previous articleNew E&C, drilling contracts worth USD 2B for Saipem
Next articleHelping hand for monitoring & control of actuators